We Work In The Community
Who We are
How It Works
The National Society of Black Engineers Charleston Professionals Chapter is a 501(c)3 non-profit consisting of a group of educated an talented scientists, technologists, engineers, and mathematicians who give back to their community by implementing the programs and services of the NSBE Organization.
NSBE Charleston Professionals uses a three-pronged approach to accomplish the mission. We focus on building future engineers and scientists by working at each stage of the process, K-12, Collegiate, and Professionals. Our programming provides mentoring, STEM education, and professional development objectives, while providing a fun atmosphere for all involved.
NSBE Charleston Professionals work with community partners to develop programming that introduces children to STEM, builds on their interest, or develops the next generation of responsible engineers and scientists.
The National Society of Black Engineers strives to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black Engineers
We envision a world in which engineering is a mainstream word in homes and communities of color, and all Black students can envision themselves as engineers. In this world, Blacks exceed parity in entering engineering fields, earning degrees, and succeeding professionally.
What People Are Saying About NSBE
We love hearing kind words about NSBE Charleston. We are doing our best to achieve NSBE’s mission.
Excel academically. Succeed professionally. Positively impact the community.
Ready? Want to be in the know with what’s going on with NSBE? Submit your email below to be added to our email list and get our monthly newsletter!